Public Computers & Wifi
Public Computers and Wifi are free to use.
The Falmouth Public Library offers free wifi throughout our buildings and on library grounds. Connect to “Falmouth Public Library”. There is no password. All of our tables are equipped with outlets for charging up your various electronic devices.
Free Public Computers
Public desktop computers are available on a first come, first served basis. Users may login with their CLAMS library card and PIN Need to reset your PIN? or with a free Visitor Pass.
- Print a free visitor pass at our self-serve kiosk located in the Reference Room.
- Visitor passes can be printed out daily and allow users two hours of uninterrupted computer use.
Computers are located at the Main Library:
Reference Room – Main Floor
• Eleven (11) computers for adults and visitors.
Young Adult Room – Main Floor
• Three (3) computers reserved for users for ages 12-18.
Children’s Room – Lower Level
• Nine (9) computers for children and accompanying parent or guardian.
At the East Falmouth Library:
• Four (4) computers for adults and visitors.
Printing from Public Computers
Printing costs 20 cents a page for black and white, 40 cents a page for color. If you need assistance, please ask a library staff member to help you.
- Log into one of our public computers with your library card number and PIN. Need to reset your PIN?
- Print a printer-friendly version of your document if possible to save on printing fees.
- Follow the prompts and confirm your print job. This will allow your print job to be sent to the Print Station Queue.
- Find the Print Station and log in with your library card number. Your balance will be reflected on the screen.
- Using the prompts on the Pay Station Kiosk, deposit money into your account and tap on “finish”. The Print Station will reflect your new balance once you click on “refresh”.
- Click on the print jobs that you wish to pay for. Click on Print and follow the prompts to complete your job.
You can also print from your own device with wifi printing.
Microfilm & Digital Collections
- We have a large microfilm and digital archive of local and national newspapers: Falmouth Enterprise; 1896 – present (online from 1896 – 1962); Cape Cod Standard Times, on microfilm from October 19, 1936 – September 1, 1975; Cape Cod Times, online from 1998 – present; on microfilm from September 2, 1975 – December 2016; Boston Globe, on microfilm from January 1, 1980 -December 31, 2009, online from 1980 – present; Historical New York Times; on microfilm from September 1, 1851 – September 30, 2011, online from 1851-2014
- ….we also have Falmouth School Yearbooks in print and online: The Broadcaster, in print and online from 1935-1938; The Clipper Compact, in print from 1973-2016 and online from 1973-2015; (with some exclusions) The Lawrencian, in print and online from 1931-1973.
Your library offers you free access to Lynda.com, a website with hundreds of technology and computer classes at your fingertips.
Begin on our homepage and click on the yellow Lynda.com box in the center of the page. Login with your library card number and PIN and enter a topic in the search box to get started!
If you need help, stop by the Reference desk and a librarian will help you.