Do you like to read books in French, Portuguese, or Vietnamese?
Do you enjoy foreign-language films?
Do you want to improve your skills in English or another second language?
This is the place to find our World Language resources.
- Children’s books in World Languages (throughout the collection, with a special concentration in the Dewey 800s)
- Adult books in World Languages (Chinese, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Vietnamese)
- A language learning CD collection, including learning English as a speaker of Portuguese or Mandarin
- A foreign language film collection
- Mango Languages (web or download the app): learn 70 languages, including learning English as a speaker of various languages
- Transparent Languages (web): learn 110 languages, including learning English
- In Hoopla in advanced search you can limit by language; there is limited content in a number of languages (more music and video than books).
- In Libby in advanced search you can limit by language; there is limited content in a few languages (ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines)
Finding things we don’t have in Falmouth:
- Search CLAMS using the subject heading “Portuguese language materials” “Chinese language materials,” etc.
- Request that we get a book or DVD for you from the extensive collections at the Boston Public Library (many languages), Quincy Public Library (Chinese), or Framingham Public Library (several languages) or other libraries in Massachusetts through the statewide ComCat service.
- Ask us to purchase a book you’re interested in reading!