Library Policies Menu:
Confidentiality of Library Records |
Display Cases and exhibits |
Gifts of Materials Other Than Books |
Gifts to Library |
Internet Access Policy |
Library Grounds Use |
Library Use Policy |
Lobby Use Policy |
Meeting Rooms and Application Form |
Patron Policy |
Sales Policy |
Security System |
Display Cases and exhibits
- The Library display cases are available to organizations and individuals engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual or charitable activities of interest to the Falmouth community. The cases are not available for any political or religious displays.
- Access to all groups will be on an equitable basis.
- Displays do not reflect endorsement or advocacy for any particular point of view by the Library. The views expressed implicitly or explicitly in any displays are those of the parties using the space.
- Request for display space is to be made by filling out a form available at the Reference Desk or the Library Director's office.
- Proposed exhibits must be within the public interest and consistent with the role of the Falmouth Public Library. Final approval of the actual exhibit along with schedule confirmation will be available after review by the Director or a staff member acting for the Director.
- The Library reserves the right to limit the frequency, length, and placement of exhibits.
- Library use of display space takes precedence in scheduling. Three days notice will be provided to exhibitors in the event a library use will preempt a scheduled user.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the possible damage or theft of any item displayed or exhibited.
- The display areas are not available for commercial use or benefit. Artists displaying their work may leave a phone number or address at the circulation desk should viewers wish to contact them.
- The Board of Trustees has the final decision on the interpretation of the above paragraphs. Any inquiries about materials and procedures or content may be made in writing to the Board for review.