Posted by Jill on Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 9:30 am |
News from the Children’s Department:
The Children’s Department has some very exciting news. We now have a collection of adult books in the Children’s Room! This collection will hopefully make your library visit easy and convenient. We know sometimes when you visit the library with children, you may not get time to browse the adult collection the way you would like to. Through the generosity of the Friends of the Falmouth Public Library, there will be a small, rotating collection of books that hopefully will appeal to your literary palate. Don’t see what you like? Search the catalog from home, and have the items you request sent to the Children’s Room using the drop-down menu under pickup location.
We have the Top Ten Reasons for this Collection listed near the “Grown Ups” display, here they are:
1. Your one-year old is getting sleepy, and you don’t want to read “The Little Engine that Could” while he’s napping this afternoon.
2. Your two year old is screaming, and you want to get a novel for yourself before you join in.
3. The Friends of the Falmouth Public Library are generously donating these books for you to enjoy.
4. “Charlotte’s Web” was great, but everyone needs a good New York Times bestseller once in a while.
5. You can’t get your four-year old to leave the doll house so you can pick out a book upstairs.
6. Your eight-year old is fascinated by the acoustics under the dome in the adult department. Enough said.
7. Your fourth grader has a project due tomorrow and just said “NO MOM, I DON’T NEED ANY HELP.”
8. You’re on vacation, and you REALLY want to read a book just for you.
9. Your kids are in Lego Club and you’ve read all our magazines.
And finally, the most important reason why you should check out a grown up book:
10. Research shows that children who see parents reading are more likely to be readers themselves.
This post has no comments.