Library Board of Trustees
The Falmouth Public Library Board of Trustees is a seven member, elected board. They serve as a vital link between the library and the community. The Trustees are library advocates and leaders in developing services for all members of the public.
Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm in the Trustee’s Room ~ During this time of the Virus, meetings are held via Zoom. See the agenda and Zoom information at http://www.falmouthmass.us/AgendaCenter
Exceptions for Town Meeting and Elections will be posted. Meetings in July and August are traditionally held at the branch libraries at 6 pm.
|Jenifer E. Alai, Recording Secretary||2021|
|Lindsay M. Hopewood, Corresponding Secretary||2023|
|Judith L. Fenwick, Chair||2023|
|Margaret Finnell, Treasurer||2021|
|Sylvia Szulkin, Vice Chair||2022|
What the Trustees Do
- Engage in the on-going planning process which assesses the needs of the community and the library, and the role of the library in the community.
- Hire the library director.
- Create written policies to govern library operations and programs, in cooperation with the library director.
- Advise the director in the preparation of the library budget, approve the final budget, participate in its presentation to Town Boards and officials, and actively support its adoption by Town Meeting.
- Monitor and oversee the maintenance of the library building and grounds, and regularly review facility needs.
- Speak and act as an advocate for the library.
- Support legislation which will benefit the library and the larger library community of which the Falmouth Public Library is a part.
- Provide a forum for public participation in policies and planning for the library.