4 H Babysitting Courses
Thanks to the generosity of the Falmouth Public Library Board of Trustees, we offer the 4H Babysitting Course as often as possible a during the year for free.
The 4H Babysitting Course provides interactive discussion, activities & hands-on practice to increase your confidence & give you the skills you need to be the best sitter possible. This popular program geared toward 11 year-olds and older is packed full of advice, guides, tips, and information based on real life experiences from kids and experts in the know.
Students will develop skills that will:
• Help them find and prepare for a babysitting job
• Help them care for kids of all ages and deal with difficult situations
• Help them prepare safe and fun activities
• Help them make safe choices while babysitting
• Provide Emergency First Aid
• Plus much more!
After successfully completing the 4H Babysitting Course you will be confident and prepared to be the best babysitter possible: professional, safe, and in demand. Each student receives a Babysitter’s Handbook, and after successful completion, a certificate in the mail that you can show perspective employers.
- Space is limited.
- Registration is required.
- To be admitted on the first day, the student must show proof of being age 11 or older. Proof can be a birth certificate or passport. (A photo copy is fine.) Parents usually prefer to show the document when they drop off their child and then take it home with them for safekeeping.
- Students will need to attend on time and stay for the whole workshop (total 8 hours).
- Bring a snack and drink for break time.
- Other materials, such as a workbook and pencils are supplied by the Cape Cod Cooperative Extension.
The February, 2019 class is full. Please fill out the form below or contact the reference department to be put on the wait list for a class later in the year.
Reference department: 508-457-2555 x 7, email@example.com. or stop by the reference desk.
You can also visit the Cape Cod Cooperative Extension’s website to view upcoming classes at other Cape libraries.