Welcome Tess Gerritsen!
We’re pleased to welcome Tess Gerritsen on Thursday, October 5 at 12:00pm!
Tess will talk about her new novel I Know a Secret and sign copies of her book following the event. I Know a Secret will be available for purchase from Eight Cousins Bookstore.
The event will be filmed live by FCTV.
Pick up your free ticket at the Main Library beginning on Saturday, September 30 at 10:00 am. No library card required. Tickets will be available at the Info Desk on the main level in the Reference Room. There are 125 tickets available. Tickets are strongly encouraged, but not required. The general public will be invited to find their seats in the Hermann Meeting Room beginning at 11:45 am on the day of the event. Ticket-holders are strongly encouraged to arrive before 11:30 am on the day of the event to find their seat. Seats will not be held for ticket-holders if they arrive after 11:45 am.
If you pick up a ticket and can no longer attend the event, please contact us and let us know. You will not be asked to return your ticket.
What else do I need to know?
- Tickets cannot be held at the library. You must pick up your ticket on or after Saturday, September 30 if you wish to have a ticket. If you cannot pick up a ticket on September 30, please feel free to contact us to see if there are any tickets left on Monday, October 2.
- Ticket-holders are strongly encouraged to find their seats by 11:30 am. Seats will not be reserved for them.
- If you have a ticket, you will be able to access to the Hermann Meeting Room between 11:00 am – 11:45 am. After that time, the general public will be able to gain admission. Entrance to the room will not be allowed before 11:00 am.
- Limit of 2 tickets per person.
- Overflow seating will be available in the Bay Meeting Room for those who cannot find seats at the time of the event. A live broadcast of the event will be shown in the room.
- The event will begin promptly at Noon. Please arrive on time.
Tess Gerritsen: Tess’s first medical thriller, Harvest, was released in hardcover in 1996, and it marked her debut on the New York Times bestseller list. Her suspense novels since then have been: Life Support (1997), Bloodstream (1998), Gravity (1999), The Surgeon (2001), The Apprentice (2002), The Sinner (2003), Body Double (2004), Vanish (2005), The Mephisto Club (2006), The Bone Garden (2007), The Keepsake (2008; UK title: Keeping the Dead), Ice Cold (2010; UK title: The Killing Place), The Silent Girl (2011), Last To Die (August 2012), Die Again (January 2015) and Playing With Fire (2015). Her books have been published in forty countries, and more than 30 million copies have been sold around the world. Follow her on Twitter @tessgerritsen and on Facebook.
I Know a Secret
Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles–the inspiration for the smash hit TNT series–continue their bestselling crime-solving streak, as they pursue a shadowy psychopath keeping secrets and taking lives. Two separate homicides, at different locations, with unrelated victims, have more in common than just being investigated by Boston PD detective Jane Rizzoli and medical examiner Maura Isles. In both cases, the bodies bear startling wounds–yet the actual cause of death is unknown. It’s a doubly challenging case for the cop and the coroner to be taking on, at a fraught time for both of them. As Jane struggles to save her mother from the crumbling marriage that threatens to bury her, Maura grapples with the imminent death of her own mother–infamous serial killer Amalthea Lank. While Jane tends to her mother, there’s nothing Maura can do for Amalthea, except endure one final battle of wills with the woman whose shadow has haunted her all her life. Though succumbing to cancer, Amalthea hasn’t lost her taste for manipulating her estranged daughter–this time by dangling a cryptic clue about the two bizarre murders Maura and Jane are desperately trying to solve. But whatever the dying convict knows is only a piece of the puzzle. Soon the investigation leads to a secretive young woman who survived a shocking abuse scandal, an independent horror film that may be rooted in reality, and a slew of martyred saints who died cruel and unusual deaths.