Reserving Library Material
Placing a request is an option when all the copies of an item are checked out.
When you place a request on a book, video or other library material, your name is put on a list of people waiting for the item. You can request that the item be sent to any CLAMS library. When the item becomes available, you will be contacted by phone or mail.
Please note that requests cannot be placed on the following items:
- Reference materials
- Non-circulating materials
- Materials marked "Lib Use Only" at other libraries
You may reserve materials in several ways:
- by accessing the CLAMS catalog from your home computer
- by using the online catalog within the library
- by filling out a request form at any of the service desks while at the library or clicking here for materials not available on CLAMS
- by calling on the phone (please have your library card available)
To Reserve Library Materials Online
- Search the catalog for the item you are interested in.
- Click on "Request Title" located on the lower left hand corner of the locations page.
- Enter your barcode (from the back of your CLAMS card) in the first box. Do not enter any spaces.
- Enter your PIN in the second box. This is a 4-digit number which you can sign up for at the library.
- Click LOGIN.
- On the next screen choose your pickup location.
- Click SUBMIT TITLE to enter your reserve and complete your transaction.
- It's that easy!!
- Go to Catalog Now
Falmouth Public Library protects your privacy and any book that is being held for you will only be given to you. However, if someone presents your card, the library will assume that you have consented to the transaction and we will release the item to another person.